With the schedule that I keep, and I'm assuming yours is just as hectic, crockpot recipes are the way to go instead of what you can get out of the nearest fast food window, which is typically delicious, but packs a whalop of a punch in the calorie and fat department. I LOVE lasagna, so let's try this one together, shall we? =) I got this recipe off Parents online community.
This recipe is loaded with healthy ingredients, but the taste is magnificent. Be aware that tomato sauces are NOT created equally. I personally use Walmart's Great Value Chunky Mushrooms & Green Peppers pasta sauce or for those organic minded folks, the Muir Glen Garden Vegtable with every veggie plus the kitchen sink is delicious!
* 1 medium-size onion, chopped
* 2 clovesgarlic, minced
* 1-1/4 poundsground turkey
* 1 teaspoondried oregano
* 1/2 teaspoonsalt
* 1/4 teaspoonblack pepper
* 1 container (15 ounces)low-fat ricotta
* 1 cupItalian-blend shredded cheese
* 12 lasagna noodles (12 ounces) broken in half
* 1 package (10 ounces)frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and squeezed dry
* 1 jar (26 ounces)chunky tomato sauce
1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook onions and garlic over medium-high heat for
4 minutes or until softened. Add turkey to skillet and cook, breaking up large chunks, for about 6 minutes or until no longer pink; drain fat. Season turkey with oregano, salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine ricotta and1/2 cup of the Italian shredded cheese.
3. In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, layer half the uncooked noodles, overlapping as necessary. Spread half of both the meat mixture and broccoli over noodles, then top with about half of the tomato sauce and 1/4 cup water. Gently spread ricotta mixture on top, and continue layering with remaining noodles, meat, broccoli, sauce and an additional 1/4 cup water.
4. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 5 hours. Sprinkle remaining
1/2 cup of Italian cheese on top for last 15 minutes of cooking time or until melted.
Servings Per Recipe: 8 servings
* Amount Per Serving
* Calories 333
* Total Fat (g) 14
* Saturated Fat (g) 6
* Cholesterol (mg) 85
* Sodium (mg) 826
* Carbohydrate (g) 24
* Fiber (g) 3
* Protein (g) 27
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet